Week 7: Continuing with the support structure

This week Bryan focused his energy on welding our support structure. With him working with the welder, I was able to focus my energy on other aspects of the project. I have spent this work working with our aluminum rail sections. I have been experimenting with the ring roller that we purchased for the project. On our thinner aluminum bar that we are using for the switches third rail it works perfectly. Unfortunately, the ring roller will not open (it's zero position) far enough to roll our aluminum rails for the switches and curves. I will have to further investigate this. I also began mixing concrete for our first few concrete support bases.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 15: This is why we don't have public 3D printers.

Week 9: Bending 6061 Aluminum